Best BLEvo device ive found and its cheap

« Older   Newer »

Group

Status
    I Love my 2019 Levo and really like BLevo but wanted a dashboard without mounting my big expensive phone to the handle bars i also want a clean cockpit, even though I said I wanted a dashboard, lol so what i've come up with fill both rolls and more… in fact has even replaced my phone. I Found a small full android phone that is also a watch (not a watch running some special version of a OS) This thing has just a 2.86in screen but is a full quad core 3gb ram 32g storage 4g gps android 7.1 phone. It also has a built in heart rate monitor if you wear it like a watch. I bought a universal Garmin mount removed the straps and gave it a go… 3 weeks later it has replaced my phone the quick release mount lets the tiny phone slip in my pocket, i can video chat, facebook, BLevo, Strava, Music, Youtube, take pics etc its a full phone with sim card and all… just tiny. Best of all its cheap.. 140usd cheap.. Its way more capable than other dedicated options. It's really a no brainer for an ebike. My phone company added a sim for 10 bucks a month so less than my tacobell to have full 4g on it..lol. I did make a TPU mount for it so i didnt have to use the sticker back mount so i can put the watch straps back on if i ever wanted to, i'll post if anyone is interested. Also it has a 2880mah battery ive run it at full brightness BLevo screen on for 4 hrs and still had 77%. There are some tricks to get the best aspect ratio for the screen on apps. There are some settings I found that make this really usable. Ill post those as well if there is interest. Here are some pics and a size comparison. This works with most phone companies that use sim cards (ATT, T-Moblie,Sprint, cricket, Metro pcs etc) does not work with Verzion

I also added a link to it, they have them in the US and CN warehouse. I am in no way affiliated with them but if you go use my link I get some points to save on my next purchase.. This way i can lie to my wife i much i spend ...lol

www.banggood.com/custlink/DmGEd2ApY5 USA

www.banggood.com/custlink/GD3ddzsJJb CN

Blevo][/URL]
    Size
    hr
    Strava
    video-chat
    Mount

Edited by cncninja - 7/3/2020, 10:33 PM

Advanced Member

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I bought something like this just one week ago...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/0.html...d=4000110159804

I'm waiting for testing..
    Good to know for the battery duration...
    When I will have, I will optimize the screen resolution for this kind of phone..

Thanks for your feedback..

Group

Status
    The screen is not bad, i did find a trick to full scale it, you can see in the pic it fits perfect.. tho a small screen can be layed out better for sure but still i use it as is..lol

Group

Status
    I'm interested in it, how you did the tpu mount??

Advanced Member

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (Nikos Maniatas @ 9/7/2020, 09:02) 

I'm also interested in the support for the bike..
    Could you share the link where we can buy it?

Group

Status
    I got it off of Amazon there are a lot of universal mounts. do a search for JIANKUN Bike Computer Combo Out Front Mount

tho this same mount is made or branded by a few companies. its meant to work with the Garmin but also comes with a universal plate with the twist lock. works great.

QUOTE (Nikos Maniatas @ 7/9/2020, 09:02 AM) 

I just made a mount in fusion 360 to adapt the flat plate quick-release mount that came with the universal mount this way i can also remove it and still use it as a watch. i just 3d printed the tpu. but you can also just use the sticker back of the plate mount as is but then it will no longer be used as a watch as the plate won't come off. but still would work great as a micro pocket phone/ bike computer.

Advanced Member

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (cncninja @ 10/7/2020, 05:22) 
    I got it off of Amazon there are a lot of universal mounts. do a search for JIANKUN Bike Computer Combo Out Front Mount

tho this same mount is made or branded by a few companies. its meant to work with the Garmin but also comes with a universal plate with the twist lock. works great.

CITAZIONE (Nikos Maniatas @ 7/9/2020, 09:02 AM) 

I just made a mount in fusion 360 to adapt the flat plate quick-release mount that came with the universal mount this way i can also remove it and still use it as a watch. i just 3d printed the tpu. but you can also just use the sticker back of the plate mount as is but then it will no longer be used as a watch as the plate won't come off. but still would work great as a micro pocket phone/ bike computer.

Thanks for the feedback..

Advanced Member

Group
    Administrator

Status
    I tested the "phone"

#entry642674736

Advanced Member

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (cncninja @ 10/7/2020, 05:22) 

CITAZIONE (Nikos Maniatas @ 7/9/2020, 09:02 AM) 

Hi could you provide the file for the 3D printer?
    I think your solution is the best..

8 replies since 3/7/2020, 21:23   1403 views